For an event preview, click on the "expand". For details click on the event's name.
Prague Congress Centre is one of the dominant landmarks of the capital with a wonderful panoramic view of Prague. Its capacity means that it can hold congresses for up to 9300 participants in more than 50 halls, reception rooms and conference rooms of various sizes. The useable exhibition area, primarily in the foyer of Prague Congress Centre, is 13 000 sq. m.
The high technical standard and the various ways in which the indoor areas can be arranged mean that not only congresses and conferences, but also exhibitions, social events, receptions, and cultural performances can be hosted here.
The largest hall in the building is the Congress Hall with a maximum capacity of 2 764 persons. Thanks to the excellent acoustics it is ranked among the thirteen best concert halls in the world. The hall extends from the first to the fourth floors. A group of Czech and foreign specialists in acoustics helped with its design and the dimensions of the mobile concert shell enable concerts to be performed by orchestras with up to 100 members.
Rudolfinum was built between the years 1876 and 1881 in the neo-renaissance on the square of Jan Palach. Two very prestigious istitutions the gallery Rudolfinum and Czech Philharmonic Orchestra have its residence here. So the high quality of the cultural program is guaranteed. Listening to classical music concert in Dvorak Hall of Rudolfinum is one of the most impressive cultural experiences that can be experienced in Prague.
Great Hall Lucerna is the core of the Lucerna Palace, which is located near Wenceslas Square in Prague. Its capacity and dimensions ranks the hall among one of the largest halls in the Czech Republic. It accommodates approximately 4000 seated spectators and thus it is the proper place for organizing the most important cultural and social events.
Archa Theatre, which is located on Na Poříčí street in the bowels of the Palace Archa, is a centre for contemporary stage art, without regard to barriers of genre. Archa Theatre acts as
a production house, where contemporary art is created and
presented. Archa Theatre does not have a stable ensemble
– its own performances are created as projects.
Archa Theatre offers two multifunctional halls with total capacity for up to 1200 people, which can be changed according to the needs of the event. The Great Hall also has a floor composed of mechanical tables, which allow a large and quick variability of the theatre space.
Tipsport Arena formerly Tesla Arena, which was built between 1953 – 1962, is a multifunctional hall with a capacity for more than ten thousand spectators. The arena is used by HC Sparta Praha as their home stadium for matches of ice hockey. In addition to ice hockey games, other sporting events and various concerts of world well-known musicians are held here.
In the years 1567 to 1569 the so-called Large Ball Game Hall originated on the southern side of the Royal Garden, immediately above the slope of Deer Moat.
This Renaissance, richly decorated building has a dramatic history: until the 17th century it served successively for ball games and as a riding school and a stable. During the reign of the Emperor Joseph II it was used as a military storehouse. In the 20th century it was damaged by static defects and gunfire. It was burned to such an extent that only the peripheral walls remained of it.
In 1952 its reconstruction was completed under the supervision of P. Janak, but the Ball Game Hall was concealed in the closed Royal Garden. It was made accessible to the public after 1989 and is now used mainly for exhibitions of creative art, concerts and important social events.
Church of The Saviour, which is located near the Old Town Square, is the most important Protestant church in Prague. It was built in politically very tense times before the Battle of White Mountain in 1612. The collection for the construction of the church took place throughout Europe and was a kind of demonstration of solidarity of anti-Habsburg camp. After losing the war, the church was confiscated. Into the hands of Protestants was returned in 1863.
Gong is the cultural center of Prague 9 located on Sokolovská Street. In this space, which is tailored to the needs of the theater, are held not just theatrical performance but also educational and other cultural programs. Many of Czech popular musicians make their appearance here.
The Spanish Synagogue in Prague is situated near the Old Town Square and was built in 1868 on the site of the oldest Prague Jewish house of prayer called Old School. Its Moorish style was designed by Vojtech Ignatius Ullmann. Nowdays, the synagogue is used as a concert hall and exhibition space of the Jewish Museum.
Rudolph gallery is an exhibition space with an area of 470m 2</ sup>, which is located close to the Spanish Hall at Prague Castle. The gallery was built in the late 16th century to store large collections of paintings, art objects and curiosities of the Emperor Rudolf II. The walls of the gallery were originally smooth, so they could accommodate a large amount of the paintings but in the 2nd half of the 19th century they got rich stucco decoration.
Theatre Dobeška has become a cultural scene that offers a variety of cultural activities for spectators of all age. It is very popular thanks to the theatre company called Sklep. The most famous actors of the Sklep are David Vávra, Milan Šteindler, Ondřej Trojan, Václav Marhoul, Jiří Macháček, Tomáš Hanák and many others.
Žofín Palace is a renaissance building, which is located on the island of Vltava river. It is and always was an important venue of cultural and social life in Prague. Numerous concerts and balls are taking place here.
Monastery of St. Giles placed just next to the Gothic church of St. Giles is a place for education and culture which is provided by Dominicans brothers to all individuals and institutions. For cultural events are used the spaces of Baroque refectory, church of St. Giles and Zdislava’s chapel.
Incheba Arean or also Small Sports Arena is loceted in the Holešovice Fair Ground in Prague. It was built between the years 1953 – 1962 together with Holešovice Sport Arena on the occasion of the World Championship in ice hockey. Currently, the arena is used for sports and cultural events, concerts, dance parties, company events, social events, exhibitions, as well as for movie and television shooting. During the winter season it offers the possibility of public ice skating, ice hockey and figure skating practices, as well as company parties on ice.
Hybernia Theatre resides in the House of Hibernians, which was built in 17th century by connecting Ghotic church of St. Ambrose and the Franciscan monastery. For a long time it serverd for exhibition purposes, but during an extensive renovation, which was completed in 2006, it was transformed into a theatre. At the present time, there are held mostly musical shows and concerts of pop music.
Church of St. Simon and St. Jude is located in the Old Town near the Old Town Square. It is the only church in Prague which is dedicated to apostolic pair St. Simon and Jude Thaddeus. They preached the gospel together in North Africa and Persia, and they both lived to see the end of martyrdom.
Currently, the renovated church with underfloor heating is ideal retreat for concerts of Prague Symphony Orchestra. Besides concerts church is also used for special conference events, audio and video recording and for radio and TV broadcasts.
Goja Music Hall, also called Pyramida, is one of the landmarks of the Holešovice Fair Ground. Building of the theatre was built in the shape of a pyramid on the occasion of Universal Exhibition in 1991. Since then, it served as a trade fair pavilion until 2002, when floods swept through Prague. After 2002, Pyramid was renovated and adapted into the ideal, comfortable and modern venue for musical and theatrical performances, dance and music festivals, multimedia shows and fashion shows. Goja Music Hall offers more than 864 comfortable seats divided into 14 sectors with excellent view on the stage.
Art Space Řetězová 7 or also called Řetízek is located in the basement of the historic house of Montmartre café, Václav Havel library and Gambit gallery. The space has a capacity for approximately sixty people and is dedicated to chamber concerts and exhibitions of both established artists and students of art schools.
The Municipal House is one of the Prague’s most famous buildings that have Art Nouveau interiors. It is located on the Republic Square just next to the Powder Gate. It was built between 1905-1912 and decorated by the most significant Czech painters as Mikulas Ales, Max Švabinský, Francis Ženíšek, Hhenstein or Alfons Mucha. In its bowels are several restaurants and halls. The greatest Smetana Hall serves as a concert hall with a capacity for 1200 listeners of mainly classical music. – Translated by Google Translate
Bez zábradlí theatre ranks thanks to the quality of its company among the most popular Prague theatres. The theatre regularly features prominent actors such as: Jiří Bartoška, Ivana Chýlková, Karel Heřmánek, Jiřina Jirásková, Václav Vydra, Josef Carda, Rudolf Hrušínský, Veronika Freimanová, Dana Morávková, Jana Švandová and many others. Apart from a very varied repertoire, concerts of popular music and literary evenings are also held here.
O2 arena, which was built on the occasion of the World Championship in ice hockey in 2004, is the most modern multipurpose venue for sports, culture, entertainment, exhibits, fairs, and other events in the Czech republic, featuring the most advanced technology, universal usage, sophisticated marketing, comfort and all-embracing services for spectators and visitors. O2 arena, means, apart from other things, up to 1,500,000 visitors a year, a capacity for 18,000 spectators, 2,460 Club and Luxury seats, 66 Skyboxes, 4 Party Boxes, and 2,900 places in bars, restaurants and cafés.
Club Mlejn is the cultural center of Prague’s district Stodůlky, but its importance goes beyond the boundaries of this area. Its history began in 1988 and since then it is one of the landmarks on the map of folk and rock scene. Apart of concerts the program also consists of acrobatic performances and other cultural and educative events.
New Town Hall is one of the eighteen national cultural monuments in Prague. Its history begins shortly after the founding of the New Town of Prague by Charles IV. in 1348
Over the centuries New Town Hall witnessed many historical events. There occurred the first Prague defenestration.
Spanish Hall is the largest ceremonial hall of the Prague Castle which is located in the north wing of the gateway near the Powder Bridge. It is used for ceremonial gatherings, large reception of President of the Republic, festive concerts and other cultural events.
Basilica of St. George at Prague Castle was founded in 920 as the second church in the former area of Prague. The interior of the basilica is direct textbook example of the Romanesque style – rigorous but monumental. The basilica is irregularly helding concerts of classical music.
The New Gallery, which is located on the second courtyard of Prague Castle, is accessible to public during various cultural events, but especially during concerts of classical and jazz music.
Bethlehem Chapel, which is located in the Old Town of Prague near Náprstek Museum, is an important place of the Czech history. It was founded in 1391 by Wenceslas Kriz (known as ‘the Merchant’), and John of Milheim, and taught solely in the Czech vernacular, thus breaking with German domination of the Medieval Bohemian church.
MANA Center, located in Prague’s district Vrsovice, follows the tradition of Jirásek Vršovice Theater which used to be at the same place in past. The center has its theatre, which has capacity for 295 spectators and which is now undergoing reconstruction.
St. Anne’s Church or also called the Prague Crossroads is a single nave Gothic abbey church, which lies within the area between the Anenský square and Liliova street. It is now owned by the National Theatre, which offered this space to the Václav Havel’s foundation called Vize 97.
First Křižík’s fountain was constructed by the “Czech Edison” František Křižík in 1891, but with time its face has been changed radically. In the 19th century, the bottom of the fountain plate was equipped with fifty multicolored reflectors. Today, the fountain has 1300 of them.
Austrian Cultural Forum in Prague supports scientific and cultural exchange between the Czech Republic and Austria. Annually organizes and supports around 250 shares of the visual arts, design, architecture, music, film, science, literature, theater and dance. Since 1996 has its own space in the center of Prague Jungmann Square, including a contemporary art gallery, library with approximately 8000 volumes, and concert and lecture hall for up to 80 people. – Translated by Google Translate
Sacre Coeur Chapel is located on a busy Holečkova street in Prague 5. Nowdays, it is used as a place for holding mainly private events as corporate parties, fashion shows or weddings. But from time to time, the concerts of popular and classical music are held here.